Mike Scott-Hayward’s Councillor’s Manifesto
FIRST AND FOREMOST, I WILL PUT THE INTERESTS OF CONSTITUENTS FIRST.
And because UKIP’s pledge is “constituents first”, UKIP will not operate a party whip system though UKIP councillors will work together as a GROUP.
No other Party makes that promise – they must all toe the party line.
UKIP will cooperate with like minded independent councillors.
UKIP expects councillors of all parties to put CONSTITUENTS ahead of party dogma.
UKIP WILL FIGHT TO IMPROVE
I am standing in the East Neuk and Landward Ward of Fife whre I have served as an outspoken and independent minded councillor, following on from my army career in the Royal Artillery.
I am also serving the public as a full time member in Her Majesty’s Coastguard Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre at Fifeness, a role that will cease ere long when the station is closed by the Coalition Government.
I am not one of those councillors who likes to cosy up to officers and bureaucrats on first name terms. I prefer to hold the unelected to account and I do not seek to defend “the cooncil” come what may.
They must serve us.
I will continue to fight for democrat rule. I resent the rules imposed by the Scottish Parliament which prevent councillors from speaking out on many issues, especially planning matters, as that stops us from playing a leading role in matters of importance to individuals and communities.
I would be honoured to serve again.
HOW UKIP COUNCILLORS WILL FIGHT TO IMPROVE LOCAL DEMOCRACY
• UKIP will enable local communities or groups to assert their democratic views when dissatisfied with Council actions or decisions, by encouraging them to petition their Council to hold a referendum on the issue. When such a petition is signed by 10% or more of the people affected by the issue, UKIP councillors will put forward motions in the Council demanding that the Council hold the referendum and:
o Where legally permitted, such motions would call for a change in the council decision in line with the referenda result.
o Where a change in a council decision is not permitted in law (as may be the case in quasi- judicial matters i.e. planning), UKIP would subsequently propose a motion of public censure of the Council.
• Call for local opinion to be evaluated by local referenda on major planning schemes like supermarkets: these would inform the legal decision makers in addition to existing rights of representation.
• Enable Community Councils to hold simple local community surveys to establish community views before expressing them.
• Oppose increased central government control and interference in local government.
UKIP WANTS TO
• KEEP POLICE ON THE BEAT TO PROTECT YOU
• STAMP ON UNSOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
• IMPROVE CARE FOR THE ELDERLY – CUT CHARGES
• DEVELOP YOUTH SERVICES – ENCOURAGE RESPONSIBILITY
• MAINTAIN THE ROADS AND PAVEMENTS PROPERLY
• INCREASE PROVISION OF FREE PARKING
• DEVOLVE BUDGETS, NOT BURDENS, IN ALL SERVICES
• END ASPIRATIONAL WAFFLE
• SLASH FAT-CAT PAY DEALS FOR SENIOR COUNCIL STAFF
• LIMIT THE NUMBER OF HIGH-PAID COUNCIL EMPLOYEES
• RESTRICT COUNCIL ADVERTISING AND SELF-PROMOTION
• SELL SURPLUS COUNCIL LAND
• ABOLISH NON-ESSENTIAL "POLITICALLY-CORRECT" SERVICES
• BE A GOOD LANDLORD
• ENCOURAGE ACCESS TO PRIVATE HOUSING
• PROMOTE SMALL BUSINESS AND REAL LOCAL JOBS
• CUT BUREAUCRATIC PROCEDURES ACROSS THE BOARD
• IMPOSE A PLANNING MOROTORIUM ON WINDFARMS
MAKE UKIP YOUR FIRST CHOICE
PS I would welcome any support towards my campaign. If you can offer me any help, please call me (01334655040 or email email@example.com - remember, election law applies).
Promoted and published on his own behalf by MIKE SCOTT-HAYWARD, SAWMILL HOUSE, KEMBACK BIRDGE, FIFE KY15 5TP.